The Pre-Arrival Supports and Services (PASS) Program is new initiative funded by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). PASS is a project of CARE Centre for Internationally Educated Nurses (IENs), Ontario’s first government-funded bridge-training program founded in 2001.
PASS will help pre-arrival IENs in their countries of residence who are planning immigration to Canada, offering supports and services designed to shorten the time that IENs spend from arrival in Canada to professional registration and employment. There is no cost to enroll in PASS, but IENs must have proof of graduation from a nursing school and a letter of immigration confirmation from the Government of Canada.
IENs participating in PASS have access to:
- Individual case management for information and referrals for language, employment and settlement services upon arrival in Canada
- Online courses providing nursing occupation-specific English language and communication training
- Live information and orientation webinars providing an overview of the nursing registration process and the Canadian health care system
- Live employment-related webinars equipping IENs for successful entry into the health care field
- Mentorship connection with Canadian nurses